Universal information Technologies – UIT – Cloud Backup
Universal information Technologies – UIT – Cloud Backup
Veeam Cloud Connect Backup for Service Providers
UIT is a Veeam Partner specializing in on premise and Cloud Backups.
Veeam® Cloud Connect makes it easy for Veeam customers to extend their backup infrastructure to the cloud. Veeam Cloud Connect also makes it easy for service providers to offer hosted backup repositories or complete backup services with Veeam.
Everyone needs a place to store their backups off site. But many organizations don’t have a second site, and rotating tapes or removable media off site is cumbersome. Increasingly, customers are turning to the cloud as a better alternative.
Veeam Cloud Connect integrates hosted backup repositories (called cloud repositories) directly into the Veeam backup console.
Veeam Cloud Connect makes it easy to be a target for Veeam backups – as a standalone offering, or as part of your Veeam-powered backup service.
Veeam for the Microsoft Cloud
Transforming data protection with integrations for Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
As enterprises accelerate the adoption of a multi-cloud strategy, the need to ensure Availability for any application and any data, across any cloud infrastructure, is more important than ever.
Veeam® for the Microsoft Cloud provides tightly integrated solutions for enterprises of all sizes enabling Availability for virtual, physical, and cloud-based workloads, eliminating complexity and simplifying business continuity between your datacenter and the Microsoft Cloud.
Our seamless solutions provide you the ability to lower costs by archiving data to Azure, mitigate risk by backing up Office 365, and ensure Availability of cloud-based workloads with the protection of Azure Virtual Machines.
Archiving & recovery
Archiving to Azure
Even though most companies realize the importance of backing up their data, many put their businesses at risk by failing to have at least one copy of their data off site and in the cloud. Veeam recognizes the importance of the 3-2-1 Rule, to maintain at least three copies of data, stored on at least two different types of storage media, with one copy off site.
Veeam helps to achieve the final step of the 3-2-1 rule with archives in Microsoft Azure, offering both full and file level granular recovery back to the customer’s on-premises environment or in Microsoft Azure.
Recovering to Microsoft Azure
One of the key challenges IT pros face today is how to securely migrate and recover on-premises workloads in the public cloud whenever needed.
Veeam Recovery to Microsoft Azure enables IT professionals to maintain business continuity by easily protecting both on-premises and cloud-based workloads. Delivering an easy way to migrate and restore Veeam backups, and eliminating the complexity of setting up an on-demand recovery site in Microsoft Azure.
Mitigate risk with backup, recovery and eDiscovery for Microsoft Office 365
All too often IT professionals wrongly assume since Office 365 already resides in the cloud, there is no need to have another copy of the data in the cloud. Although Microsoft provides SLAs to keep Office 365 mailboxes up and running, the reality is it’s your data and it remains your responsibility to protect it!
Veeam Backup for Office 365 enables IT professionals to backup email data to on-premises environments or in Microsoft Azure — allowing quick recovery of individual mailbox items with enterprise-class granularity and efficient eDiscovery of email archives.
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
Availability for public cloud and physical workloads
Veeam® Agent for Microsoft Windows solves these issues and also closes the gap that some enterprises face with large, heterogeneous environments and further enables workload mobility by delivering Availability for cloud-based workloads.
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows is built on the extremely successful Veeam Endpoint Backup™ FREE and includes two brand new editions — Workstation and Server — with additional features designed to ensure the Availability of your Windows workloads by providing backup and recovery for physical and cloud-based workloads, as well as endpoint devices that belong to remote users.
With Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows, you get:
Enterprise-level backup and recovery:
- Get complete protection for both workstations and Windows physical servers — even those running in the cloud — including full application awareness
- Physical backups off site: Back up Windows-based workloads off site to a cloud service provider through Veeam Cloud Connect
- Protection of roaming endpoints: Meet RPOs for laptops and tablets outside the corporate network
- And much more!
Part of the Veeam Availability Platform
- Desktops, laptops and tablets
- Physical servers running on-premises
- Cloud-based workloads running in Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other public clouds
- File-level backup to disk
Enterprise-level backup and recovery
- Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Server edition adds the same, proven guest processing engine found in Veeam Backup & Replication, which helps bring the power and flexibility you need to ensure Availability for your physical Windows workstations and servers through:
- Active full backups: Meet your company policies by scheduling periodic active full Windows backups in the backup job settings
- Application-aware processing: Create application-consistent backups with advanced, application-aware processing (including transaction log truncation)
- File indexing and search: A catalog of files enables effortless search of individual files so you can find and restore a file without knowing its precise location or when it was deleted
- Instant Recovery to Microsoft Hyper-V: Quickly restore service to users by starting a VM directly from agent backup file
- Integration with Veeam Backup & Replication2: Take full advantage of Veeam backup repositories as target locations for your Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows backup jobs
- Server-specific scheduling and retention: Advanced scheduling options and server-based retention logic to protect most critical server applications, including Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, Oracle and file servers
- Synthetic full backups: Eliminate the need for a periodic full Windows backup by creating forever-incremental backups that save time and storage
- Transaction log backup for databases: Achieve low RPOs for Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases
- And more!
Universal Information Technologies – Cloud Backup Provider
Do you want to understand more about how UIT can help you and your business in the cloud? Can we assist with online backups to the cloud or your own repositories? Contact Universal Information Technologies your Cloud Backup Provider for assistance. We have more than 20 years IT experience and will be able to assist you in this process.
We physically service the whole South Africa, and can remotely assist you, wherever you are in the world. We are actively servicing clients in all major centre’s in South Africa like Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and in all nine provinces – Gauteng, Free State, Western Cape, Northern Cape, Northern Province, Mpumalanga, North West, Eastern Cape and Kwazulu Natal.